Life without a mobile device to provide anywhere, anytime connectivity is not only unimaginable, but quite frankly, downright frightening.
It’s become our way of life now, and for the foreseeable future. We all knew it was a matter of time and that time has arrived. The tipping point happened in 2014, with mobile users overtaking desktop users in both face time and internet usage. Google even recently admitted it’s now bigger on mobile than desktop in 10 countries – and yes, that does include the United States.
Do YOU have a mobile strategy?
As influencers, subject matter experts (SMEs), change makers, entrepreneurs and thought leaders, finding effective ways to continue to share and scale your expertise with the intended audience isn’t an optional check box, it’s a required field. No way around it.
But some are still chasing after desktop dinosaurs and neglecting to properly position their expertise within the matrix of everything-gone-mobile. Your audience is actually spending the bulk of their time for almost everything and anything in a mobile environment.
Why are you searching for clients at the shopping malls when you could be at your clients’ doorstep awaiting that (warm and friendly) reception?
We’ve outlined a few vital points to underscore the importance of extending your reach into the mobile landscape. It’s time to drop your anchor.
- Mobile users that find your business online have a conversion percentage nearly (3X) three times higher than the same search done on a desktop or laptop. (Source: comScore)
- 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop. (Source: comScore)
- 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
- 20% of US consumers are downloading approximately 17+ apps per month. (Source: Flurry)
- Mobile coupons get (10X) ten times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Source: Borrell Associates)
If you’re still straddling the fence, you may want to sit down for the clincher.
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia)
With cell phones outpacing a need, it’s time to kick it up a notch and dive head-first into the mobile world of things.
Luma Spark – Expert Positioning & Public Relations
Building your credibility and authority as an expert through creative content, social media & mobile development solutions.